We are looking for a new manager for Connect Festival 2017! If you would like to apply, read the description below and find the application process at the bottom.
What is Connect Festival?
There have been two editions of Connect Festival so far, with 2017 being the third edition. The festival is aimed at students, is one week long, in September, and celebrates the power to bring people together. Through entertaining and informative events, Connect Festival aims to break down the barriers and walls that separate people.
Each day of Connect Festival there are at least two events focused on one of five core fields: arts & culture, science, sustainability, social responsibility and spirituality. In previous years, the festival has hosted belly dancing workshops, open mic nights, scientific experiment workshops, art exhibitions, religious services, yoga and much more.
What is The InnBetween?
The InnBetween is the student chaplaincy of Maastricht University. It is an open student community that comes together to have meaningful experiences. This community is brought together in many unique events that are themed around the core fields of arts & culture, science, social responsibility, free time, and sustainability. Everything at The InnBetween is driven by spirituality.
Who are we looking for?
An inspired, motivated, and organized student who is easy to work with and extremely flexible. The general tasks are:
- Organize and run many events yourself or co-operate with third-parties to run them
- Schedule events within the festival
- Develop the brand image of Connect Festival
- Promote the festival through social media and physical media (posters, word of mouth, etc.)
- Maintain the website of the festival
- Create posters, flyers, and other graphics for the festival or work with a third party to do so
- Manage finances
What skills do I need?
- Good time-keeping
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Social media skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent English speaking & creative writing skills
- Graphic design skills. Photoshop/Illustrator. (preferred)
- Basic web development skills. Mostly WordPress management. (preferred)
More basic information
- Salary: Standard interUM rates
- Hours: 2-4 hrs/wk up to September and then 20-30 hrs/wk until festival finished.
- Time period: March 1st – September 31st
All applications should be sent to Thomas Hoekstra at [email protected] by 12:00 PM on the 31th of March. Please send your CV and a short motivation letter.